A well written and/or researched ebook is NOT enough to guarantee sales. You need to promote your ebook wherever you can. It’s like cooking a beautiful banquet and serving it in the middle of the Gobi Desert. Who is going to come? You might attract a passing camel or scorpion but are they your target audience? Care with promoting an ebook is really important and we cover this in our blog.
The wonderful thing about the online world is that it’s stuffed full of information, products, services etc. Do you know how many ebooks are competing with you for sales? It’s better not to know. Covid 19 has increased people’s appetite for books and many people have had more time to write. You can expect the number of ebooks floating in the ether to explode in 2020.
Now it’s time to get serious about promoting your ebook unless you are happy to have simply written an ebook and published – job done!
Here is a short list of things you can do to promote your ebook without spending any money but have lots of time.
- Create a landing page for your book that will convert or find an expert.
- Promote your ebook on your own website if you have one or find an expert to build one for you
- Write supporting blog and guest posts about an aspect of your book or find a freelance writer for you
- Create a social media strategy to vary your posts but basically support your genre, niche. Use FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok or any other platform you favour or grab some help.
- Start a YouTube channel
- Develop a podcast and interview other writers or create your own show
- Check out Medium, Stumbleupon, Scoop.it, Reddit
- Use email marketing, create a press release
- Work on your author platform